Revival Of Shelf Acetabuloplasty
This book provides an up-to-date overview of shelf acetabuloplasty, a traditional procedure for acetabular dysplasia. Originally, shelf acetabuloplasty was mainly intended for the treatment of developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) in children and adolescents. However, secondary osteoarthritis of the hip due to DDH is more common than primary osteoarthritis, and shelf acetabuloplasty was subsequently applied to such cases in adults. Recently, periacetabular pelvic osteotomies, such as the rotational acetabular osteotomy have established themselves and are broadly indicated as joint-preserving operations for secondary hip osteoarthritis. With the increased interest in pelvic osteotomies, the role of shelf acetabuloplasty as a reliable and safe procedure now needs to be redefined. Each chapter was prepared by an expert in his or her field. The authors highlight the essence of the indication, discuss advanced and cutting-edge techniques, and assess the outcomes of shelf acetabuloplasty. Taken together, they provide a valuable contribution to hip surgery.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Nature
- ISBN-13: 9789811089190
- ISBN: 9811089191
- Publication Year: 2018