Return To The Sea: Reflections On Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift From The Sea
In 1955, Anne Morrow Lindbergh published her timeless book of reflections, Gift from the Sea. This perennial favorite used the metaphor of seashells to explore the inner spiritual path, gently guiding readers to practice simplifying, quieting, shedding, and centering in a too-frantic world. Two generations later, in a far more fast-paced world, Anne M. Johnson asks women to discover the beauty and meaning of Lindbergh's timeless "shells" all over again. In Return to the Sea, she uses experiences from her own spiritual journey ? as a busy mother, career woman, and therapist ? to offer a renewed vision of ways to create intentional space in our lives for personal and spiritual growth. Shell illustrations, along with centering exercises, meditations, and journal-writing exercises, enhance each chapter's reflections on Lindbergh's original "shell" passages. Readers who loved Gift from the Sea the first time ? and women who have yet to be introduced ? welcome these reflections in a beautiful new gift edition.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Omaha
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Inner Ocean Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781880913628
- ISBN: 1880913623
- Publication Year: 2005