Renzo Piano: The Art Of Making Buildings
One of the world's most renowned architects, Renzo Piano was born in Genoa in 1937 into a family of Italian builders. He is responsible for such iconic landmarks as the Shard in London, the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris and the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York. The Renzo Piano Building Workshop, based in Paris and Genoa, fosters this spirit of collaboration and mentoring, and continues to pioneer groundbreaking architecture that challenges and inspires. This book, which accompanies an exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts, provides an intimate look at the life and work of a man who believes passionately that architecture should make a positive contribution to people and place. An exclusive interview with Piano himself introduces this exceptional publication, before a series of texts by major figures from the worlds of culture, engineering and building, including the Oscar-winning actor and director Roberto Benigni, the artist Susumu Shingu and the architect Richard Rogers, Piano's co-designer of the Centre Georges Pompidou.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Royal Academy of Arts
- ISBN-13: 9781910350713
- ISBN: 1910350710
- Publication Year: 2018