Reason To Hope
Reason to Hope is a true story of a young woman born into the privileged life of a white, middle class family in South Africa at the height of apartheid.Despite having a bright future with a promising career and prospects of marriage, she decides to forsake the freedoms, comforts, and pleasures of this world to follow God in poverty, chastity, and obedience — for the salvation of souls — inspired by the message of Fatima of 1917.Eventually, after a convoluted journey taking her across continents, she would become a temporary professed sister in the Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Emotional, thoughtful, and spiritually enlightening, Reason to Hope describes the pivotal moments of Amanda’s life with honesty and openness. With humility she shows the reader what she believes and why — even all these years later.This book is perfect for those who are curious about faith, religious life, spirituality, Mother Teresa, Catholicism or even just a diff erent side of life that is rarely portrayed in our modern times. Its call to hope is an inspiration for all.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Trafford on Demand Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781490746937
- ISBN: 1490746935
- Publication Year: 2015