This title will explore the beginnings of the Space Race, including the development and launch by the Soviet Union of Sputnik, the world's first satellite. America's response was Project Mercury, run by the newly formed NASA. With its goal of putting astronauts into Earth orbit, Project Mercury spawned such household names as John Glen, Alan Shepard, and the other "Mercury 7" astronauts. Will also examine animals in space, and the parallel space exploration programs of the Soviet Union, including the efforts of rocket designer Sergei Korolev. Aligned to Common Core Standards and correlated to state standards. Abdo & Daughters is an imprint of Abdo Publishing, a division of ABDO.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Library
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Abdo & Daughters
- ISBN-13: 9781532118333
- ISBN: 1532118333
- Publication Year: 2018