Progress In Medical Genetics
Over the past decade, medical genetics has emerged as an important and powerful medical speciality with increasing appreciation of its role and function among the medical specialities. This emergence is related to a great extent to the progress in the Human Genome Project which promises wide ranging applications in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of human diseases. Nevertheless, discussions about the role of genetics in preventive medicine and public health rightfully lead to ethical, legal and social concerns about general applicability of genetic testing in the population. The interpretation of the word prevention in the context of genetic diseases leads to the unavoidable discussions of genetic engineering, prenatal diagnosis and selective termination, as well as broader concerns about discrimination in health care coverage, employment and in society.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Nova Science Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781594544897
- ISBN: 1594544891
- Publication Year: 2006
- Edition: 1