Presenting Lily Mars
Directed by Norman Taurog, Starring Norman Taurog, Bob Crosby, Marta Eggerth, Connie Gilchrist, Judy Garland, Leonid Kinskey, Van Heflin, Tommy Dorsey, Fay Bainter, Richard Carlson, Spring Byington
A Booth Tarkington novel was the source for the so-so Judy Garland musical Presenting Lily Mars. Garland plays the title character, a small-town girl with big-city ambitions. She heads to Broadway hoping for stardom, but after a series of disappointments the best she can manage is an understudy job. That's right, folks: the star walks out on opening night, Lily goes on in her place, and the audience boos and throws rotten tomatoes (just kidding: Lily's a sensation, of course). Van Heflin costars as a young producer who falls in love with Lily, but who avoids bestowing upon her instant stardom for fear of being accused of favoritism. Naturally, Judy Garland gets to sing a lot, and whenever she does the picture soars; other musical acts include the orchestras of Bob Crosby and Tommy Dorsey. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 883316860137
- Region: Region [unknown]