Preaching From The Prophets
A theological guide to biblical preaching from prophetic texts, Preaching from the Prophets invites preachers to look with imagination at the possibilities of prophetic preaching today. With prophetic and assertive style, James and Christine Ward bridge the chasm between ancient Israel and our modern culture. They show how to choose text and develop sermons that address racism, ecology, and other major ethical issues of our time. Many pastors will refer to this volume again and again for its outstanding exegesis of crucial prophetic texts.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Mansfield
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Abingdon Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780687002351
- ISBN: 0687002354
- Publication Year: 1995