For artist Wolfgang Tillmans, portraiture is a collaborative process between photographer and "accomplice." While Tillmans' photographs are often referred to as "casual" they are actually the result of a carefully constructed process of engagement with his models. Each sitter, whether a world famous rock star or a family member, issues forth both vulnerability and dignity. Presented here are a selection of some of the best of these portraits taken between 1988 and 2001 and chosen by Tillmans himself. Subjects include the filmmaker John Waters, architect Rem Koolhaas, musicians Moby and Michael Stipe, actresses Irm Hermann and Chloe Sevigny, as well as the artist's family and friends.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Distributed Art Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781891024368
- ISBN: 1891024361
- Publication Year: 2002