Polar Exploration: A Practical Handbook For North And South Pole Expeditions
Ever wondered what would be required of you to follow the lucky and courageous few who have set foot on the North and South Poles' frozen lands, with only the sole purpose of exploring them? Or what it would be like to watch a sniffing polar bear edge ever closer to your home for the night?Polar Exploration is a comprehensive guidebook full of amazing experiences, knowledgable tips and tricks and in-depth explanations and descriptions of expeditions to the poles - the best ways to prepare for them and carry them out. Author Dixie Dansercoer is an unstoppable outdoorsman and extreme sports lover, whose enthusiasm and respect for these environments shines through.A practical guide illustrated with suitably atmospheric photography, it includes sections on understanding the cold, the best equipment to take with you and what to do when you are there. For newcomers in need of guidance, it will aid the necessary slow immersion into a complex world of survival. For returning explorers, there is plenty of information on equipment, techniques and experiences to compare and contrast.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cicerone Pr Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781852846657
- ISBN: 1852846658
- Publication Year: 2012