Delivered five years after the delicate whimsical melancholy of Demon Days, Gorillaz's Plastic Beach is an explicit sequel to its predecessor, picking up in the dystopian future where the last album left off, its music offering a grand expansion of Demon Days, spinning off its cameo-crammed blueprint. A common thread among these tracks is they find Damon Albarn ceding the spotlight to his fellow musicians, preferring to be the puppetmaster behind the curtain, and Plastic Beach works best when he's finding hidden strengths within his guests. The album accentuates moody texture over pop hooks, and Plastic Beach is the first Gorillaz album to play like a cartoon soundtrack -- which isn't a bad thing, because as Albarn grows as a composer, he crafts richly detailed collages that are miniature marvels. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Warner Bros.
- UPC: 603497913343