Joey Molland's solo albums aren't as well-known as his work with Badfinger, which is regrettable because the singer has done some worthwhile things on his own. The Pilgrim, one of Molland's solo recordings, is a decent release that was recorded when he was 43. While Badfinger fans can appreciate this collection of melodic rock & roll and pop/rock, one shouldn't think of The Pilgrim as a Badfinger tribute album (which it isn't). Like the solo albums of Blondie's Deborah Harry, Kiss' Ace Frehley, or The Go-Gos' Belinda Carlisle, The Pilgrim must be accepted on its own terms and on its own merits -- this CD would have been noteworthy even if Molland had never been a member of Badfinger. Much of The Pilgrim is reflective and contemplative, although some outright rockers are included as well, most notably "Hard Time" and the angry socio-political smoker "You Make Me Sick." Recommended. ~ Alex Henderson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Ryko Distribution
- UPC: 014431021220