Pack Your Bags: Baseball's Trade Secrets
It has been said that with the exception of actual games, no other activity in baseball generates more interest among fans than the trading and dealing of the players. In Pack Your Bags -- Major League Baseball's Trade Secrets, Marshall J. Cook and Jack Walsh give readers a behind-the-scenes look at countless trades throughout baseball history. Some of them were blockbuster deals, while others were quickly forgotten or as unremarkable as the players involved. And what do they say about hindsight? Cool and Walsh examine several trades that on the surface looked good for one team and bad for the other but in the end, turned out the other way. When John Smoltz was traded to Atlanta for Doyle Alexander, for example, critics said Atlanta got the short end of the deal. And what about the Red Sox's decision to sell Babe Ruth to the Yankees? Pack Your Bags is filled with stories about baseball's wheelers and dealers and the players they sent packing. No baseball fan's library will be complete without it.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill
- ISBN-13: 9781570281891
- ISBN: 1570281890
- Publication Year: 1998