Oxford Textbook Of Public Mental Health
Prevention of mental illness and mental health promotion have often been ignored in the past, both in undergraduate and postgraduate curricula. There is now, however, a clear shift towards public mental health. These findings are the result of increasing scientific evidence that proactive care has serious potential to reduce the onset of illness and its subsequent social, economic, and political burdens. A clear distinction between prevention of mental illness and mental health promotion is critical.The Oxford Textbook of Public Mental Health brings together the recently increased interest in public mental health and the emphasis on the prevention of mental ill health and promotion of well-being into a single comprehensive textbook. Compiled of international experiences of mental health promotion and mental well-being, chapters are supplemented by practical examples and illustrations to succinctly provide the most relevant information.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780198792994
- ISBN: 0198792999
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 1 HAR/PSC