Overripe Economy: American Capitalism And The Crisis Of Democracy
Capitalism is in crisis. Overripe Economy uses a historical view to explain how we got here and why. Taking readers through the history of American capitalism--from the ruthless competition of the nineteenth century to the maturation of industrial capitalism in the early part of the twentieth and on into today’s finance-ridden decline--Alan Nasser lays out here in damning detail why the persistent austerity of financialized capitalism is the inevitable outcome of the evolution of the American economy. Capitalism, he argues, ultimately presents us with two alternatives: persistent austerity, declining democracy, and a privatized state, or a polity and economy characterized by genuine economic democracy.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pluto Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780745337944
- ISBN: 0745337945
- Publication Year: 2018