Out Of The Box
Having played Jerry Lee Lewis in the 1988 biopic Great Balls of Fire, Dennis Quaid is no stranger to rock & roll. Still, Out of the Box -- the 2018 debut of Quaid and his band the Sharks -- comes as a little bit of a shock, as it's a set of straight-up old-time rock & roll. At times, Quaid & the Sharks can push this connection a little bit too hard -- Quaid may do a credible Jim Morrison, but following a cover of "L.A. Woman" with "Riders on the Storm" borders on hubris, no matter how solid they both are (not to mention that the band also tackles "Gloria," which the Doors often covered in concert) -- but Out of the Box is distinguished by the band's gusto and a hearty sense of humor. In the best possible sense, Out of the Box sounds like a well-oiled bar band cooking on a Saturday night: Dennis Quaid & the Sharks aim to please and if you're in the mood to have a good time, this provides a good soundtrack. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: WEA CORP
- UPC: 816651012275