Our House In The Last World
Set in New York City in the 1950s and 1960s, this is the coming-of-age story of Hector Santinio, the American-born son of Cuban immigrants, who is haunted by tales of home --a Cuba of ancestral memory, beauty, sensuousness, and ease, a place he has never known and by the sudden death of his father. His struggle toward adulthood is inseparable from his struggle to understand his Cubanness and to come to terms with his father, an exuberant, charming, and generous hotel cook who drank too much, disappeared for days, and gambled the family's money away. Moving, intimate, and highly autobiographical, this unforgettable novel of immigrant life is written with the same compelling power of language, character, and narrative that won Oscar Hijuelos worldwide acclaim. Includes an Introduction and Afterword by the author, as well as a new Foreword by Pablo Medina, author of Cubop City Blues and the memoir Exiled Memories, aming others.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Persea Books
- ISBN-13: 9780892554843
- ISBN: 0892554843
- Publication Year: 2017
- Edition: 35 ANV