Our Food: A Healthy Serving Of Science And Poems
Award-winning author Grace Lin joins science writer Ranida T. McKneally to get kids talking about the science of food, the five food groups, and what a healthy meal looks like. Answering questions like "why are so many vegetables green?," "What's the difference between brown bread and white bread?," and "Why do beans make you gassy?," cheerful haiku poems and a simple Q&A format make this book a nutritious treat. The information in this book aligns with both the USDA's MyPlate guidelines and the Harvard School of Public Health's Healthy Eating Plate guidelines and back matter includes further information about healthy eating and nutritional guidelines, as well as a glossary.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Charlesbridge Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781580895910
- ISBN: 1580895913
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: Reprint