Novel Techniques For Investigating Recharge To The Memphis Aquifer: Awwarf Report 91137f
The Memphis aquifer is the major water resource for Shelby County and is part of the Mississippi Embayment aquifer system. Many utilities in western Tennessee and northern Mississippi extract water from the Memphis aquifer or its stratigraphic equivalents. The Memphis aquifer subcrops beneath Quaternary deposits in eastern and southeastern Shelby County, but the aquifer is confined by the overlying upper Claiborne confining unit throughout most of the remainder of the county. In some areas, the confining layer sediments are sandy and permeable (aquitard windows), which creates potential for vertical recharge and contamination of the aquifer. This study encompassed a detailed examination of a single window site in order to better understand the implications of recharge and potential contamination to a major drinking water resource. The water industry should consider state-of-the-art characterization tools in order to assure a management standard of care. The conjunctive use of many tools in this study is novel and will set a standard for the industry.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Iwa Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781843399919
- ISBN: 1843399911
- Publication Year: 2007