Novel Techniques For Investigating Recharge To The Memphis Aquifer
The Memphis aquifer is the major water resource for Shelby County and is part of the Mississippi Embayment aquifer system. Many utilities in western Tennessee and northern Mississippi extract water from the Memphis aquifer or its stratigraphic equivalents. The Memphis aquifer subcrops beneath Quaternary deposits in eastern and southeastern Shelby County, but the aquifer is confined by the overlying upper Claiborne confining unit throughout most of the remainder of the county. In some areas, the confining layer sediments are sandy and permeable (aquitard windows), which creates potential for vertical recharge and contamination of the aquifer. This study encompassed a detailed examination of a single window site in order to better understand the implications of recharge and potential contamination to a major drinking water resource. The water industry should consider state-of-the-art characterization tools in order to assure a management standard of care. The conjunctive use of many tools in this study is novel and will set a standard for the industry.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Trade Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: --
- Publisher: AWWARF
- ISBN-13: 9781843399919
- ISBN: 1843399911
- Publication Year: 2008