New York City Tattoo: The Oral History Of An Urban Art
Hardy Marks Publications proudly announces the reissue of the classic and long out of print book New York City Tattoo. First published in 1997, it consists of in-depth, profusely illustrated interviews with the primary tattooers working in New York City prior to the ban on tattooing that went into effect in 1961 and lasted for 36 years. Cultural historian Michael McCabe, America's pre-eminent chronicler of tattoo history, gained the confidence of the small, hermetic community of people working in the "wild old days" when tattooing was a marginalized practice. This is a passionate, personal record full of amazing rough and tumble stories from a distant era, light years away from tattooing's current popularity and acceptance. New York City Tattoo has been expanded to 144 pages, with even more stunning visuals, a revised author's foreword, and added text about where the tattooers are now.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hardy Marks Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9780945367826
- ISBN: 0945367821
- Publication Year: 2013