New Relations: The Refashioning Of British Poetry 1980 1994
This ground-breaking study offers an expert commentary on the many and wide-spread changes which have affected British poetry in the last fifteen years. From the changing personnel to a new publishing landscape; from youth culture audiences to new subjects and readings, hardly any aspect of poetry remains untouched. David Kennedy, co-editor of The New Poetry, considers many poets critically for the first time, including Armitage, Maxwell, Reading, Bush, Duffy and Boland. Larkin, Heaney, Dunn and Harrison are among the more established poets he discusses. Thematically, New Relations includes a Rough Guide to British Postmodernism, and essays on Poetry and Science, Poetry as Media, and the new marketing ploys. Truly contemporary, wide-ranging, fascinating in its readings New Relations is an essential text for poets and readers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Seren Books/Poetry Wales Pr Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781854111623
- ISBN: 1854111620
- Publication Year: 1996