New Orleans Piano Styles: A Guide To The Keyboard Licks Of Crescent City Greats
(Piano Instruction). This book/CD is an indispensible guide to the various styles and techniques used by the great New Orleans pianists, from the earliest origins of jazz and blues up through comtemporary music. Investigates the style of Professor Longhair, Allen Toussaint and Dr. John, plus stride, boogie woogie, R&B, ballads and more! The accompanying CD features demos of all the musical examples in the book.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hal Leonard Corp
- ISBN-13: 9781476886909
- ISBN: 1476886903
- Publication Year: 2013
- Edition: PAP/COM