New Mood Indigo
A very interesting collection of Duke Ellington studio material from 1962-66, it was first issued in 1985. The title cut finds Ellington giving a rare double-time treatment to his classic "Mood Indigo," three selections put the focus on the cornet and vocals of Ray Nance, and a special treat are the four selections from the Mercer Ellington Septet, a combo consisting of six of Ellington's sidemen plus a then-unknown 24-year old pianist named Chick Corea. It gives one a rare chance to hear Corea playing with the likes of Johnny Hodges, Paul Gonsavles and Harry Carney. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Signature/CBS Special Products
- UPC: 074644035926