Mystery At Silver Key Stables
It is a rare delight to discover a novel as gripping in plot as it is meaningful in message. Such is the case with Mystery at Silver Key Stables, debut novel of extremely talented 13-year old Alexandra Joy Gritta. The heroine of this beautifully crafted mystery, young Kelly Normand, moves from Big Sky country to the rain-soaked state of Oregon. Isolated and lonely in a new school, struggling unsuccessfully to make friends, Kelly finds comfort and connection with the horses she finds at Silver Key Stables; bonding instantly with a gentle mare who seems to understand her loneliness. Kelly also develops a dangerous fascination with a wild black stallion living on an adjacent mustang reserve. When a complex chain of events pulls Kelly inadvertently into the dark, organized underworld of horse theft, the lives of many, horse and human alike, will never be the same again. For ages 8-16, this breakout novel has a humane message that is appropriate for any age. Proceeds to horse charities.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781439230176
- ISBN: 143923017X
- Publication Year: 2009