The paintings--and painting-assemblages--of German artist Myriam Holme (born 1971) turn on contradiction; for all their austere elegance, they also exude a quiet violence in their materials. Often beginning by staining a surface (paper, aluminum) with color, Holme has--in recent works--bent, twisted and fractured that ground, resulting in beautifully damaged compositions.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: German
- Publisher: Distributed Art Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9783866784376
- ISBN: 3866784376
- Publication Year: 2011