My First Five Husbands And The Ones Who Got Away
"People always ask me if I'm like Blanche. And I say, 'Well, Blanche was an oversexed, self-involved, man-killing, vain Southern belle from Atlanta--and I'm not from Atlanta!" Rue McClanahan, perhaps best known for her Golden Girls role, shares her personal story in a witty memoir that is every bit as colorful as the characters she plays. From her arrival in New York with little money to her name, to her time studying with theater legend Uta Hagen, to her first television role on All in the Family, to The Golden Girls years and beyond, Rue chronicles her life in Hollywood--and all the men (five big ones) and adventures that happened along the way. Now happily married to her soul mate, Rue is proof that many things can and do get better with age--and that, if she keeps her wits about her, even a small-town girl can make it big.--From publisher description.The actress details her colorful and eventful odyssey from small-town Oklahoma to Hollywood and all the men, experiences, and lessons she encountered along the way.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Random House Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780767926768
- ISBN: 0767926765
- Publication Year: 2007
- Edition: 1