My Experiences As An Executioner
My Experiences as an Executioner is the real-life account of English executioner James Berry, born in 1852 and died in 1913. In this book, the executioner recounts some of the executions that he personally conducted; he names names and also describes the methods whereby he executed his victims. In addition, the executioner writes about his own personal views on capital punishment and the different methods of execution that had been used all throughout European and American history, describing the mechanisms behind the guillotine, the garrote, hanging, stabbings, and so on.James Berry offers a unique perspective from that of the executioner and even takes some time to describe the business-side of being an executioner. Illustrations of his victims, his business cards and of the different methods of executions are all contained in this edition.The introduction was written by H. Snowden Ward.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781512006681
- ISBN: 1512006688
- Publication Year: 2015