My Andrew: Day To Day Living With An Asd Child
March 12, 2001 "I love you Andrew but I hate your autism!" And once again I hear my friend Penny's question from that first session when I said Andrew had been diagnosed with ASD. She said, "And what does that mean?" It means I have a trampoline in my living room.... It means I pray every night that he will sleep so I can.... It means more new activities to do everyday, a new schedule, and the guilt when I don't keep it.... It means not being able to take him out in public without someone staring. It means I'm tired and I have a headache. It means I've lost track of how far he has come and how blessed we are..." "My Andrew: Day-to-Day Living with an ASD Child" is a heartfelt look into the first eight years of one family's journey to raise their autistic son. Author and mother Wallis Simpson shares from her personal journal the daily struggles and joys of loving a special needs child. Written in a down-to-earth style, "My Andrew" is a stirring resource for anyone who works with special children and their caregivers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Iuniverse Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780595331130
- ISBN: 0595331130
- Publication Year: 2004