Sir Arthur Conan Doyle dedicated The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes to his medical mentor, Dr. Joseph Bell, writing It is to you that I owe Sherlock Holmes. Dr. Bell, who taught medicine at the University of Edinburgh, had a remarkable ability to deduce information about people he observed, and also worked with the Edinburgh police on forensic medicine. Using these historical facts as a jumping-off point, the PBS miniseries Murder Rooms: The Dark Beginnings of Sherlock Holmes imagines a scenario in which Dr. Bell (Richardson) solves crimes with the young Arthur Conan Doyle (Edwards) playing the role of sidekick. Together, the two delve into the seedy underbelly of Edinburgh and uncover a sinister killer.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: MPI Home Video
- UPC: 030306811390
- Region: Region 1