Directed by Edwin L. Marin, Starring Edwin L. Marin, Katherine Alexander, Leo Carrillo, Leonard Ceeley, Pedro de Cordoba, Madge Evans, Benita Hume, Frank McHugh, Robert McWade, Grant Mitchell, Chester Morris, J. Carrol Naish, Duncan Renaldo, Charles Trowbridge, H.B. WarnerWritten by Edwin L. Marin, Katherine Alexander, Leo Carrillo, Leonard Ceeley, Pedro de Cordoba, Madge Evans, Benita Hume, Frank McHugh, Robert McWade, Grant Mitchell, Chester Morris, J. Carrol Naish, Duncan Renaldo, Charles Trowbridge, H.B. Warner
Moonlight Murder takes place virtually in its entirety at the Hollywood Bowl. Despite dire warnings by a sinister mystic (Pedro de Cordoba), opera-star Gino D'Acosta (Leo Carrillo) insists that he will sing in the Bowl's current production of Il Trovatore. He gets no farther than the "Anvil Chorus" before he drops dead in full view of the audience. It turns out that D'Acosta was murdered, placing everyone in the cast under suspicion. As night segues into morning, detective Steve Farrell (Chester Morris) -- whose past mistakes have put him in hot water with his boss -- teams up with lady-scientist Toni Adams (Madge Evans) to piece the clues together. The hot-potato issue of euthanasia is raised during the course of Moonlight Murder, and as a result the film turns out to have one of the most sympathetic and reasonable culprits in "B"-picture history. Trivia alert: One of the suspects is played by Duncan Renaldo, who later co-starred with "victim" Leo Carrillo on TV's The Cisco Kid. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: HPB Camelback
- Seller rating:
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 883316679265
- Region: Region 0