Moon Over Broadway
Directed and edited by Chris Hegedus and D.A. Pennebaker (one of the key figures of the cinema verite style of documentary-making) and filmed in 1995, this documentary offers an intimate look at the staging of a major Broadway show from casting through endless rehearsals to the almost anti-climactic opening night. The production is Ken Ludwig's Moon Over Buffalo and stars Phil Bosco and comedienne Carol Burnett. Though producers Elizabeth Williams and Rocco Landesman seem relatively laid back about the show, the director Tom Moore, playwright Ludwig, and the stars are all on edge during a lengthy rehearsal schedule that takes them from New York to Boston back to New York. In between, all must suffer through previews and rewrites before the show is fit for the Great White Way. Sandra Brennan, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: HPB Downers Grove
- Seller rating:
- Publisher: New Video Group, Inc.
- UPC: 767685945933
- Region: Region 1