Molecules With Silly Or Unusual Names
This popular science book shows that chemists do have a sense of humor, and this book is a celebration of the quirky side of scientific nomenclature. Here, some molecules are shown that have unusual, rude, ridiculous or downright silly names. Written in an easy-to-read style, anyone - not just scientists - can appreciate the content. Each molecule is illustrated with a photograph and/or image that relates directly or indirectly to its name and molecular structure. Thus, the book is not only entertaining, but also educational.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781848162075
- ISBN: 1848162073
- Publication Year: 2008
- Edition: 1