Modern Swimming: An Illustrated Manual
Preface: The annual toll paid to Neptune in valuable lives should be a sufficient incentive for everyone to learn how to swim. The teaching of swimming should be made compulsory in every school and a perfect knowledge exacted of all who have the management of vessels, as well as those employed thereon. As a preventative of disease as well as an up builder of the body and a moulder of form it stands without a rival among all the systems devised for the purpose of physical care and perfection.....It's sixteen chapters and numerous illustrations make this a valuable guide to any swimmer or teacher. Many of the earliest books, particularly those dating back to the 1900's and before, are now extremely scarce and increasingly expensive. We are republishing these classic works in affordable, high quality, modern editions, using the original text and artwork.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Giniger Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781444653953
- ISBN: 1444653954
- Publication Year: 2009