Modeling And Computations In Dynamical Systems: In Commeration Of The 100th Anniversary Of The Birth Of John Von Neumann
The Hungarian born mathematical genius, John von Neumann, was undoubtedly one of the greatest and most influential scientific minds of the 20th century. Von Neumann made fundamental contributions to Computing and he had a keen interest in Dynamical Systems, specifically Hydrodynamic Turbulence. This book, offering a state-of-the-art collection of papers in computational dynamical systems, is dedicated to the memory of von Neumann. Including contributions from J E Marsden, P J Holmes, M Shub, A Iserles, M Dellnitz and J Guckenheimer, this book offers a unique combination of theoretical and applied research in areas such as geometric integration, neural networks, linear programming, dynamical astronomy, chemical reaction models, structural and fluid mechanics.The contents of this book was also published as a special issue of the International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos - March 2005.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9789812565969
- ISBN: 9812565965
- Publication Year: 2006