Mishima:Life In Four Chapters
"In this visually stunning, collagelike portrait of the acclaimed Japanese author and playwright Yukio Mishima (played by Vengeance Is Mine's KEN OGATA), PAUL SCHRADER (American Gigolo) investigates the inner turmoil and contradictions of a man who attempted the impossible task of finding harmony among self, art, and society. Taking place on Mishima's last day, when he famously committed public seppuku, the film is punctuated by extended flashbacks to the writer's life as well as by gloriously stylized evocations of his fictional works. With its rich cinematography by JOHN BAILEY, exquisite sets andcostumes by EIKO ISHIOKA, and unforgettable, highly influential score by PHILIP GLASS, Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters is a tribute to its subject and a bold, investigative work of art in its own right."
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: Blu-Ray
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: CRITERION COLLECTION INC
- UPC: 715515214810