With no fewer than three gongs at the 2011 British Comedy Awards, Miranda Hart was crowned the Queen of Comedy. She had become something of a national treasure, yet thrust into the nation's living rooms (and hearts) with her self-titled sitcom; her success did not happen over night. For the first time, author Sophie Johnson reveals the story behind Miranda's rise to fame. The comedian was born in Torquay in 1972, yet despite graduating in politics from Bristol Polytechnic, she always wanted to be a comedian. Her inspiration includes the likes of Joyce Grenfell and Eric Morecombe. Miranda's story is followed through other TV roles such as The Vicar of Dibley, Nighty Night, Hyperdrive and Not Going Out before Miranda Hart's Joke Shop was commissioned by BBC Radio 2 and the first episode of her sitcom finally broadcast in November 2009. Miranda Hart is the newest comedy legend to capture the imagination of the public this is her full, unauthorized story.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: John Blake
- ISBN-13: 9781857827965
- ISBN: 1857827961
- Publication Year: 2012