Melon For Ecstasy
First published in 1971 and set in the middle England of the 1960s, A Melon for Ecstasy takes the frustrated passion of one repressed young man and shows that sex in the suburbs can be a very twisted affair. Step into the feverish world of Humphrey Mackevoy and discover the thrills of split bark, the unplumbed joys of virgin wood, and the erotic pull of a laburnum in moonlight. Humphrey risks nasty splinters under cover of darkness as his love affair with Labby unfolds. But can he defend himself against the local busybodies who are determined to save their trees from the mysterious drill holes that keep appearing overnight? As Humphrey struggles to protect his dark secret, he becomes drawn into a dramatic plot of subterfuge and downright confusion. He might conquer his passion for the soft contours of a young sapling, but will he ever escape the clutches of Mummya darkly comic figure drawn to give the best of us nightmares? Read this, and a walk through the park may never be the same again.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Prion Books
- ISBN-13: 9781853754708
- ISBN: 1853754706
- Publication Year: 2002