It has been a long time since English became the language of science. Today, in modern medical practice, medical professionals are constantly exposed, either when searching the literature or attending meetings, to the English language. "Many of us who completed our medical training in English-speaking countries still remember how much we suffered during our first weeks on call. Local idioms and colloquialisms on the one hand, and medical abbreviations on the other, drove us to the brink of despair. This work is like a breath of fresh air with regard to the idiomatic problem affecting so many of our young, and not so young doctors. This book will not only help them to improve their English but will also introduce them to the world of medical jargon. I wish I had had that book when, as a young resident I had to present a case, or even later on when I was first asked to chair a session at an international English-speaking meeting! This book would have been a godsend in both situations, and many more. I am confident that in the near future many health care professionals will benefit from the book. Here I mean not only those who work in the English-speaking world but also those practising in their own countries." Dr Javier Lucaya
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9783540254287
- ISBN: 3540254285
- Publication Year: 2006