Measuring Emotions In Infants And Children: Based On Seminars Sponsored By The Committee On Social And Affective Development During Childhood Of The Social Science Research Council
Recent years have seen a resurgence of interest in human emotion on the part of psychologists who have discovered that cognitive processes cannot be effectively studied in isolation. Both the developmental roots of the ability to express and interpret emotions and the relation of emotion to learning and memory are receiving increasing attention. This volume, commissioned by the Social Science Research Council, brings together a strong group of researchers who have pioneered a wide variety of empirical approaches to the difficult problems of conceptualizing and assessing emotion in infants and children. The methods they present range from biochemical and psychophysiological assessmnet techniques to self-report scales of subjective experience. Included are an efficient and reliable system that makes affective expression analysis feasible for large amounts of data and both well-established and new methods of measuring nonverbal sensitivity. Together, the chapters constitute a comprehensive overview of the progress that has been made in the last decade. The volume will be an invaluable resource for all those who study infants and children.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780521241717
- ISBN: 0521241715
- Publication Year: 1982