Masterful Care Of The Aging Athlete: A Clinical Guide
We often look to sports to define our heroes and role models. When you look at the ranks of modern athletes, from pros to weekend warriors, those aged 40 and older fill the roads and playing fields and are redefining aging, making 40 and 50 the new 30. Sports medicine has traditionally focused on care of the child, the female athlete, collegiate teams or pros while virtually ignoring the enormous ranks of athletes older than 40, both clinically and in research. The standard answer is to simply tell these athletes to stop doing what hurts them. Masterful Care of the Aging Athlete focuses exclusively on this ever-growing population, presenting both operative and non-operative management strategies for the gamut of sports-related injuries: knee, hip, shoulder, hand, foot, back and even injuries following joint replacement. In addition to the treatment of physical injuries, the benefits of nutrition, fitness and mental health and stamina are highlighted, all with the aim of return to sport.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Nature
- ISBN-13: 9783319162225
- ISBN: 3319162225
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 1