Martyrs Of The Alamo
Supervised by D.W. Griffith, Martyrs of the Alamo was directed by Griffith's loyal but considerably less inspired assistant William "Christy" Cabanne. The film never lags in its action sequences, notably the climactic siege of the Alamo. Only in the dramatic scenes does the film cry out for Griffith's masterful touch. Of interest is the casting of Griffith "regulars" Walter Long, Tom Wilson, Alfred Paget and John Dillon as, respectively, General Santa Anna, Sam Houston, Jim Bowie and Colonel Travis. Comedy relief is in the hands of Augustus Carney, the once-popular star of the "Alkali Ike" comedies. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Delta Entertainment Corporation
- UPC: 018111275590
- Region: Region 0