Meet scientist Marie Curie and learn about her life and pioneering research in this engagingly illustrated biography. At a time when women weren't welcome in the world of science, Marie Curie made her mark on history. She was the very first woman to become a professor of physics in the Sorbonne, where she had studied, and even went on to win Nobel Prizes in two different scientific fields. With this fascinating biography, kids will find out how Curie, along with her husband, set up their lab and discovered both polonium and radium, and why their work on radioactivity was so important. Appealing illustrations, information on her breakthroughs and successes, and an index of major events reveal how Marie left her mark on humanity. A timeline and simple quiz help kids test their understanding and knowledge.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: White Star Editions
- ISBN-13: 9788854413610
- ISBN: 8854413615
- Publication Year: 2019