Managing Fire And Emergency Services
This new revised edition of the 2002 best-selling text and training book, covers all the nuts and bolts of organizing and deploying resources, including organizational structure, fire station location planning, fiscal management, maintenance and replacement of vehicles and equipment, and personnel practices. The coverage of human resource management includes recruitment and selection, promotion, diversity, labor relations, and the impact of external mandates. The section on leadership explores best management practices, employee empowerment, and implementing change. Coverage also includes: fire prevention and life safety education, technology and information management, terrorism and disaster preparedness, intergovernmental cooperation, risk management, legal, liability, and regulatory issues, plus health and wellness.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Intl City County Management Assn
- ISBN-13: 9780873267632
- ISBN: 087326763X
- Publication Year: 2012