Man Today And How He Got Here
This book is divided into two parts. Part one discusses aspects of the past that affect man's life today. His connections to the past go back to the earliest stars, in which the elements were created. Those elements were spewed into space upon those stars? demise to produce the material for the development of subsequent stars, such as our sun. The book takes the reader through the birth of our solar system, the origin of life, and the evolution of life on earth up to and including man. A brief history of Western Civilization follows, emphasizing the quality of life of members of those societies and the scientific and technological progress made during those periods. Part two discusses the complex ways man strives to satisfy his needs and desires in modern industrial societies and general characteristics of those societies.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Xlibris Corp
- ISBN-13: 9781401058500
- ISBN: 1401058507
- Publication Year: 2003