Magic Lies: The Art Of W.O. Mitchell
The first section in Magic Lies examines Mitchell's fiction; the second, his writings for radio, television, and theatre; and the third is composed of interviews and personal recollections. Contributors include literary scholars, novelists, theatre and television directors, an actor, and a popular radio host and journalist. Together their essays invite further creative readings and critical dialogue, and deepen our understanding of a writer whose sense of community and locality has influenced a national literary tradition.Given the broad appeal of Mitchell's work and the interdisciplinary nature of this collection, Magic Lies will interest both general readers and scholars in the areas of English literature, drama, broadcasting, Canadian studies, and popular culture.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Toronto Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780802079305
- ISBN: 080207930X
- Publication Year: 1997