Magic Capes, Amazing Powers: Transforming Superhero Play In The Classroom
Help children discover positive answers to their question about the world by supporting safe superhero play. For as long as there have been heroes and villains in our books, on our TVs, and in our everyday lives, children have been imitating them in their play. Superhero play remains a wonderful, developmentally appropriate way for children to explore power, experience adventure, and investigate big questions about the world. Yet many adults are troubled by the effects media storylines, stereotypes, and violence have on children's superhero play. Magic Capes, Amazing Powers takes an in-depth look at why children are so strongly attracted to superhero and weapons play. It also examines the concerns felt by families and teachers and suggests practical solutions that take into account the needs of both children and their caregivers. It explores how the use of redirection, storytelling, dramatic play materials, anti-bias curriculum, and clear limit setting can guide superhero play in a positive direction, one that addresses caregiver concerns and allows children to do what they do best-play!
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Redleaf Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781605546551
- ISBN: 1605546550
- Publication Year: 2018