Madam C. J. Walker
Sarah Breedlove Walker worked her way up from a sharecroppers cabin in Louisiana to a mansion in New York. As a young woman, she suffered from scalp diseases brought on by poor health and living conditions. She tried to improve her appearance so she could get better jobs to support herself and her daughter. After selling hair and scalp treatments for several years, Sarah invented her own product to make hair healthy. Under the name Madam C.J. Walker, she showed others how to use the product and before long founded her own company. Her success made her a millionaire. Over the years, Madam C.J. Walker gave large amounts of money to schools and organizations that helped black people improve their lives. She believed education and hard work were the keys to rising above poverty.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lernerclassroom
- ISBN-13: 9780822568766
- ISBN: 0822568764
- Publication Year: 2007