Losing My Religion: Unbelief In Australia
Considering the consequences of changing religious attitudes, this compelling account examines diminishing theological belief and denominational affiliation in Australia. This study argues that Australia has never been a particularly religious nation and that few Australians have deliberately rejected belief?while most simply cannot see why they need to bother with religion at all. Furthermore, it contends that vehement campaigning against theistic belief is the product of growing disdain for religious fundamentalism and a vigorous commitment to personal autonomy. Dealing extensively with census data and offering clear, concise interpretations of Australia's religious life, this treatise is sure to provoke debate about what matters to Australians.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of New South Wales
- ISBN-13: 9781921410192
- ISBN: 1921410191
- Publication Year: 2010