The Looks Or The Lifestyle
Certainly not their best effort, The Looks or the Lifestyle saw RCA pressuring the band to move in a more commercial direction. The Poppies ignored the pressure and moved in a less commercial direction. Displaying an interest in a dancier style that had started to become evident on the previous album, elements of the harsher attack that would characterize Dos Dedos Mis Amigos were apparent in such songs as "Urban Futuristic" and "Eat Me, Drink Me, Love Me, Kill Me." Samples come from diverse influences, including Akira, INXS, and Perry Farrell; this album represents a sort of midway point between PWEI's two landmark albums. Another marker on the album is the addition of live drummer Fuzz Townshend, replacing the band's temperamental drum machine, Dr. Nightmare. After the album's release, RCA dumped PWEI. Ironically enough, "Get the Girl, Kill the Baddies" -- the post-dumping single from the album -- reached number nine on the U.K. charts, the band's highest position to that day. ~ Joshua Landau, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: RCA
- UPC: 078636609621