Four Classic Albums: Locking Horns/All I Wanna Do Is Swing/The Midgets/Soft Swingin' Jazz
The 2012 double-disc collection Four Classic Albums: Locking Horns/All I Wanna Do Is Swing/The Midgets/Soft Swingin' Jazz brings together four of jazz trumpeter Joe Newman's albums from the 1950s. These are swinging, soulful, and straight-ahead releases that showcase Newman's mainstream and bop-oriented trumpet playing. Featured here are such other stellar musicians as Al Cohn, Frank Wess, Shirley Horn, Hank Jones, Freddie Green, Oscar Pettiford, and others. Ultimately, fans of Newman's midrange melodicism and bluesy group interplay will find much to enjoy on this generous set. ~ Matt Collar, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Acid Jazz (USA)
- UPC: 5022810304722